Global Etp industry aum grows 15% to over $2.7 trillion driven by record inflows and increased adoption….
Marchioni Ursula – Head of ETP Research EMEA at iShares
– Global ETP flows of $267.9bn through November surpassed the previous full-year record set in 2012
– Increased adoption among institutions, intermediaries and individuals aided unprecedented expansion in the European and US markets
– Fixed income ETPs set a new record, gathering $78.6bn as appetite for yield and slower than expected global economic growth helped assets swell 22% to $430bn
– ETPs in Europe gathered $60.8bn, triple the amount last year, as market penetration increased and ECB bond purchases boosted fixed income flows
– Accelerating US GDP growth propelled US-listed ETP flows to a record $193.5bn as demand for US equities and fixed income proved resilient
– Themes to watch in 2015 include smart beta, emerging markets and Japan equity, all of which remain compelling following notable contributions to 2014 flows