The April 2016 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €6,948 million (-23.4% compared with April 2015). However, the number of shares traded remained resilient (-3.8%)…..
Enregistrez-vous pour le Newsletter sur les ETF et ETC Cliquez ici pour recevoir votre copie gratuitement
– After 21 months of continued growth, the activity on ETFs softened during April 2016 with an average daily transaction value at €548 million, down 14.0% compared to April 2015. Nonetheless, our ETF offer continued to expand with the first two listings on Euronext London.
– The average daily volume on equity index derivatives was down at 211,268 contracts during April 2016 (-16.1% compared with April 2015), while the average daily volume on individual equity derivatives slightly decreased at 228,964 contracts (-3.1% compared with April 2015).
– In April 2016, the average daily volume on commodities derivatives increased by 20.9% when compared to April 2015, with an average daily volume of 70,796 contracts. Thanks to a bountiful for 2015/2016 crop year, French Grains have been marketed unusually late, thereby boosting volumes. The ensuing low prices have generated further volatility in our commodities markets, resulting in a new historical record on 21 April at 112,292 milling wheat future contracts.
– On a year-to-date basis, the overall average daily volume on Euronext derivatives stands at 549,806 contracts (+0.1% compared to 2015 YTD) and the open interest increased by 14,827,612 contracts (+3.9% compared to end of April 2015).
– In April 2016, Euronext had three new listings of which GeNeuro and two EnterNext SMEs that altogether raised €298 million. In addition, during April 2016, €10.3 billion were raised on Euronext in corporate bonds and €5.6 billion of follow-on equity.
 The previous record was 96,971 lots traded on 18 Dec 2014.